Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Water Baptism

Yesterday, I went for my water baptism...When I went to register, the teacher gave me a big white robe and also a bookmark with a verse specially given to me.My verse was"This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalms 118:24. I was there with Amanda and Elizabeth. They too got the white robe... We put the robe on and then we went to put our dry clothing in the changing room. But the problem was that we did not know where it was. So, we went and asked Pastor Eddie. He thought Amanda was a boy!!! Until he saw her earrings then he realized she is a girl!! It was so hilarious that I teased Amanda all the way!!! What a laugh it was!! After that, we went to find our seats. While we sat down, Pastor Eddie briefed us for a while... he also said that we had to say ''I have'' or "I do" when we were asked if we have or do accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior ... Another person (I think he is a teacher) said we needed to go in front to take our photo. An official photographer took our photo. Many other people took photo too!!! Amanda said that we were superstars having our pictures taken...

After the photography session, we were splitted into 3 groups. Group1, 2 , 3. Amanda, Elizabeth and I were in group 1 . We sang praise songs. After that, they called group 1 to go for the water baptism. One by one we went in and out of the water... I was last among the 3 of us since my name starts with "S" ... Finally! It was my turn.... Pastor Eddie asked if I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.. I said I have and after that they pushed me into the water to be baptised. In and out I went. Then I went to change. The water was cold like ice!!! When I have changed into my dry clothes, I ran to my seat but then I forgot to take my sandals... until my mum told me. Then I went to get my sandals... after a long while , Group 3 went for their water baptism. An 82-years-old man went in . When he was almost pushed into the water , he was screaming because he was afraid ... He was the oldest man there. Sheryl gave us a pin for our baptism present. Then we left for dinner at Restaurant 88 which is nearby the church. We had a delicious dinner. After dinner we went home... I was so tired that after I bathed and washed myself, I fell asleep on the sofa !!!
Then this morning, mummy gave me a baptism present- a BACKPACK BIBLE!!!! Yipeee!!!I finally got my own bible!!! It is purple and pink in color , with flowers and little cute things!!! Wow! So nice!!! I just love it!!! Thanks mum! Thanks dad!

No comments: