Sunday, June 15, 2008

My School Trip to Penang!!!

MENARA ALOR STAR

What a wonderful holiday I had during the recent school holiday..... I went to Kedah and Penang on a school trip....40 students including me and 4 teachers went. The first day we went to Paddy Muzeum, Tun Mahathir's birth place ,one of the crystal shop and Menara Alor Star. I stayed in a 3 star hotel....It's name is called Sentosa Regency Hotel... The rooms were clean and nice but the beds were facing the toilet!!!! :( The next day, we had buffet breakfast in the hotel. Even though there were a variety of yummy food, I only ate a slice of toasted bread with kaya, a small bowl of porridge and drank a glass of orange juice!!! YUM!!! My friends ate a lot ......like they have not eaten for YEARS!!!!! =P We traveled down to Penang after breakfast and visited these places : Kek Lok Si , Botanical Garden, JATI rice factory to learn how they process rice. They also gave us each a packet of EcoBrown rice and other souvenirs . WE also went to Gurney Drive to buy our own dinner .I ate Penang's most famous FRIED KOAY TEOW and a cup of Coke... (because it is the cheapest food there.) We stayed in a 4 star hotel, Copthorne Orchid Hotel. Before we went to bed, we ate our cup noodles that we bought in Gurney Drive Plaza. I bought Tambun Biscuit for everybody, nutmeg for my mother, Bak Kut Teh herb for my father , prawn crackers for my my sister and egg biscuit for evryone. For myself, I bought a bottle of bubbles. The third day which was the last day, we left the hotel very early and went to a coffee shop to buy our own breakfast. I bought wantan noodles and a glass of watermelon juice.My friend thought Hokkien Mee there was the same with the one they sell here in K.L. but when she got the food, she realized it was prawn noodles in spicy soup.Luckily she can eat spicy food.Then we went to Kuala Gula, a bird sanctuary. Before we sat the boat we went to listen to the explanation of crabs. Then we went for lunch . (seafood) We finally can sit boat ...We saw many birds, eagles and swallows. I think the other birds are hiding. We also managed to see a troop of monkeys. They could swim!!!! AMAZING!!! After all the fun, we continued our trip to K.L. (home) We reached school about 7:30pm . Finally HOME SWEET HOME . Still the best place in the world. I rate it a 100 star hotel!!!! No other place is nicer than HOME . I am looking forward to another trip!!!!

No comments: